Wednesday, April 23, 2008

That Was Fun!

And educational! Apparently I have developed some lazy habits while running Mikey that became painfully obvious running Holly.

Holly had a great time and did pretty darn good for a dog that has been off from agility for so long. However, the naughty little thing chewed through her leash the second time I ran Mikey on course and ran out to run the course with us! Guess I'll have to take a crate with me next week. Everybody thought is was pretty cute, and I guess it was; but still naughty, naughty.

You know, I was so thrilled to be able to try running Holly in agility again, but one thing I never thought of. . . After all this time of going to class with just Mikey, I felt like, while I was giving something special back to Holly, I was also taking something special away from Mikey. . .

Crazy I know! I think part of the problem is that I ended up running them back to back because there were no other small dogs in class and felt like I wasn't mentally prepared to run Mikey right after finishing with Holly, so I wasn't giving him everything I could, if that makes sense. Hopefully I'll get better at running the two of them. (And hopefully Holly'll be able to continue!)

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi' and 'Oh boy! Agility OUR favorite!'

1 comment:

Katrin said...

Glad you and Holly and Mikey had so much fun!