Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Cube!

At least, that's what we call it at our house. As in, 'Who wants cube?' and then the dogs come running into the kitchen (you know, like ice 'cube'). I had a coupon for Ice Pups and it's been a hit. Since the weather here is already into the mid-80's with high humidity, a nice cold treat after our evening walk apparently hits the spot.

Also, I've got to tell you about the bullfrog we came across on our walk this evening. I've been hearing the bullfrogs bellowing back and forth to each other up and down the bayou in the mornings, but until this evening hadn't actually laid eyes on them. The dogs were lagging a bit behind me and then I heard this little scuffle and turned around to see this huge bullfrog making the most unbelievable leaps down into the bayou. We were at a spillway where large rocks have been used to line the bayou and this guy made the most graceful, flying leaps rock to rock until - plop - into the bayou. Seriously, this bullfrog was big enough that for a minute I thought he was some freaky flying squirrel. The weird animal adventures continue! Wish I had my camera with me!

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.

No comments: