Monday, October 29, 2007

Run Forest, Run!

Excellent, excellent class night. Especially in light of the cruddy practice session we had at my parents house yesterday. Course night again; a fun one that included a little bit of everything. Oh, and with my knee braces on, I feel like Forest looked running in his 'magic shoes'; but they do seem to help.

Mikey was on a roll and didn't even hesitate a step going up the A-frame. The only real problem we had was kind of funny. It's dark by the time we start class; they have a great lighting system there, but still. . .dark. And the first time we attempted the weaves, almost at the end of the weaves, was a brace sticking out on the ground, but I couldn't see it, so I stepped on it, which caused the entire set of polls to rock a little, and Mikey said 'Huh?' and popped out. And we retried, and the same thing happened again, and again, until I finally managed to not step on the darn thing. There was also a little minor incident of me leaning over and flipping Mikey's tug toy up in the air for him to grab. . . and he grabbed the end of the toy and part of my boob. Ouch!!

And I can't tell you how nice it was to have chilly weather for class instead of humid and hot!

Here are some pictures from our weekend practice session. Nothing really went wrong, but it was just one of those days when Mikey and I couldn't sync. Thanks again Cardigrandma for taking so many great pictures.

Off to bed.

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.


And my dad and the awesome Meg.

And the awesome Holly - don't tell her that she's not still an agility diva! 'Cause she'll tell you otherwise!


No comments: