Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Breath of Fresh Air!

The first 'moderate' cool front for the Houston area! Mostly, that translates to lower humidity, but when summer time humidity is close to 80%+, any drop in humidity is a real treat. Plus, the temps in the morning are supposed to be in the upper 50's to low 60's, which is a major treat after months and months of morning walks in the upper 70's to low 80's. In fact, I got so excited about the lower temps that I did a load of laundry tonight that included sweatpants and some hoodies(those of you who live north of Houston, please contain your laughter).

Actually, the weather this evening for our walk was almost perfect. A few degrees lower would have been ideal, but it was so nice without the humidity, and there was a nice breeze on the bayou.

We also ran into our new friends Tika and Tika's owner. Yeah, maybe I'll remember her name eventually, but for dog folks we all know remembering the dog's name is more important. I think I mentioned them in an entry a couple of weeks ago. Tika is a male rescue that looks exactly like a border collie wearing a brindle suit. Wonder what the mix is. . . In any case, Tika is a real sweet heart. I'm guessing somewhere over 12 months, but not yet 24 months based on his attitude. Full of energy and ready for a good romp, which my guys were glad to oblige. Holly and of course, Mikey, love any opportunity to romp with other dogs. I'm not the only one missing our old morning walks with Kiki and Maverick and their moms.

Tika's owner told me about another Dog-Fest coming up this weekend. I'm not sure if we'll make it, but like before, for anyone local reading this blog, it's this weekend (both Saturday and Sunday) in Old Town Spring. Click here if you want to check it out and see the schedule.

I had originally planned to 'lease' E's agility ring this weekend for an hour and drag my dad with me for some work with Mikey (and some play time in the tunnels, etc. for Holly). But the weekend is filling up, so I had decided to just go to my parents back yard to do agility with the kids and go to E's next weekend. But now there's the Dog-Fest in Old Town Spring this weekend too. Aaaaaand, I remembered that next weekend we're doing a booth from work for an Alzheimer's support walk (and I supposed to be able to bring Holly and Mikey). Hmmmmm. Do I have time for everything this weekend? What will have to be sacrificed?

Speaking of running out of time, I had plenty of things I thought I was going to do tonight, but I chattered on the phone with my mom for too long, and then took a longer walk than I expected because it was fun to have company, and then. . . How did it get so late so fast? I've got to figure out a way to get to bed earlier so it's not so hard to wake up at 5:00 am.

Currently reading 'Kushiel's Chosen' by Jacqueline Carey.

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.




No comments: