Thursday, July 10, 2008

Offerings

I know, I know. I'm sorry.

It's been a looong time since I offered you a course 'map', so first, here's one from last week.


Mikey and I initially had trouble with the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 line, mostly because the first time we ran it I was way off on signalling for a back cross from 4 to 5, and E suggested a front cross from 3 to 4 instead. So Mikey and I struggled and struggled (OK, I struggled. . . to go ahead of him enough to fit a front cross in). Finally, I repeated my first attempt for a back cross, and got the bloody timing right, and it all came out the way it is supposed to.

Holly is steadily improving. I just have to remember to constantly shout out 'Yay!' 'GO HOLLY!' and 'Excellent!' (and I do mean constantly!) while we're on course, since otherwise, running around in the heat is just sooo not worth it for her. Smart little girl! She's definitely going to be ready to trial in the fall.

And speaking of offerings, I have to share one of the kids cardi-quirks! Holly originally started this, although she doesn't do it as often now as Mikey does. And what is 'this' you ask? Well, every time we get ready to go for a walk, twice daily, and occasionally when we go out for a simple trip to use the restroom, Holly and Mikey get very excited. And they want to bring me something, I suppose a little gift to let me know they appreciate their walkies. For whatever reason, they like to run back into the bedroom to look for their little gift. About half the time I get a dog toy, or a chewy. And the other half of the time I get any article of clothing that has been left laying on the floor in the bedroom, mostly socks. And I take whatever they bring and say thank-you and put their collars on.

So if you show up to my place in the middle of a busy week, and I haven't had time to pick up, don't laugh at the dog toys and socks piled all around the entry.

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.

No comments: