Wednesday, June 25, 2008

101 Ways

To drive your dogs crazy, laugh yourself silly, flatten a box, practice your clicker training using a cardboard box.

Some/most of you may have heard of the '101 ways' thing before (I'm pretty sure somebody had a post about it not too long ago, but I can't remember who); it's a great way to not only stimulate your dogs and practice shaping behavior, but it's also some of the best entertainment around! Who needs tv when you can do this? I think the winner for this event was Holly, who came up with 'bite the box' as a clickable behavior. Oh doG, she was so CUTE!! I must admit, this game is slightly less fun for/with Mikey, since his way of handling frustration is just to sit there and bark at me, instead of offer behaviors. Poor boy; he would much rather have someone just show him what to do, which I suppose is not entirely bad, since it translates to a boy that really, really, hones in and follows directions in agility.

Good thing we didn't get rained out tonight for agility class, so that Mikey could do something he likes, ahem, just a bit more. . .

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, that's Indy's reaction to shaping games, and Jester and Bou (my Cardis of the past) also reacted that way. Summer, on the other hand, enjoys shaping games. But she enjoys ANYTHING having to do with food and Her Boy (she picked him out herself when she retired from the show ring.) Maybe it's a Cardi-Boy thing?

"Stop playing guessing games, Mom, and tell me what you want so I can creatively reinterpret it!

Jennifer said...

'So I can creatively reinterpret it!' Just snorted coffee up my nose! Aint it the truth!