Sunday, July 27, 2008

Borough Park

Well, whether I like it or not, they have changed the work hours at my company (on top of a bunch of other crap). So now we work 7:30 to 5:30 Mondays through Thursdays, have an 8 hour day every other Friday, and have every other Friday off. I do NOT like! Poor Holly and Mikey; too, too long in their crates all last week. So I promised them a nice weekend. Today's been kind of a bust for them, since I have to get housework and laundry and such done before the start of next week. But. We had a nice walk Saturday morning at a local park. Nice, but relatively short, since it's just too darn hot, even early, to take the kids very far. I took some pictures, but most of them didn't turn out very well. Turns out I had my camera set on macro and didn't realize until we got back to the lake/parking area.

Our walk was followed by a stop at a local 'fru fru' pet store. While the place mainly caters to the local well-to-do, they're a good bunch of folks. Holly and Mikey enjoyed a nice sample of some frozen yogurt treats and we picked up some Sam's Yams for later in the evening.

And then we stopped by my parent's for a quick hi on the way home, and talked ourselves into a pool party (no pics; I forgot to actually take pictures, even though I had my camera with me).

I'm pretty sure Holly and Mikey kept saying to each other, 'Is it your birthday?' 'I don't think so, is it maybe yours?'

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.


1 comment:

Nicki said...

my dogs, not to mention yardwork have been totally neglected lately-between vacation and sick cat I don't know if we will ever get caught up!