Thursday, July 17, 2008

Agility 'Til 'Ya Puke

OK. So I didn't actually barf, but there was a moment there. . .

I also learned an important lesson about warming up, no matter how hot it is. No, not Holly and Mikey, they always get a good warm up (and I'm continually amazed that most people don't warm their dogs up), I'm talking about me. I usually jog the last couple of walk throughs at trials, but I'm guilty as charged about not warming up at class. The first time I ran this course with Mikey, both of my knees seized up going down that final 18, 19, 20 line. But when I turned around and ran the course with Holly, I was able to run that last line like a champ. Note to self.

I was so proud of Holly and Mikey this week. And kinda proud of myself too. We all handled the tricky parts of this course very well, and even got compliments from E. You only get a compliment from E if you've really rocked it!

Now if we could only magically transport ourselves to fall. .

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.



No comments: