Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Woof, Woof!

If you have read my blog more than once, you know that I really love my dogs, and I really enjoy sharing my life and my home with them, and you know that they are really pretty well behaved (most of the time). But that doesn't mean that they don't occasionally bug the ever luvin' sh!t out of me! I will admit that this usually has more to do with my attitude than their behavior. But. . .

We all know Cardigans are not exactly 'quiet' dogs. Most herding breeds aren't, right? And Holly and Mikey almost always pipe down immediately when I say 'Quiet'. And if your dogs actually shut up when you say 'Quiet', you're five steps ahead of most dog owners, and that's great! So what's the big deal, right? Geez, I don't know; maybe when you have to say it three hundred thousand times a day? Sometimes I feel like the Quiet Police. And I start to wish I lived out in the middle of Antarctica, where they could just bark their heads off without bothering the neighbors.

Really puppies, I don't need a full, five alarm, alert warning every time a leaf falls off a tree! Seriously! And Mikey, as much as I love your enthusiasm for life and realize that you get excited easily, please don't bark in my ear when I'm putting your leash and collar on to go for 'walkies'.

Although, I've got to admitt your 'arrooooo' with your pink ball in your mouth is pretty darn cute, even if I do keep teasing you to stop 'talking with your mouth full'. . .


2 comments:

Traci said...

I had this *exact* same problem with my dogs today! how timely is your blog post!!! Sedona would hear a car door shut and would go ape sh&t. The boys would follow suit because, well, she MUST know what she's talking about! They were VERY vocal today, and ordinarily my dogs are QUIET for Cardigans... Thankfully NOW they're all piped down for the night, but earlier I was threatening to punt Sedona through the sliding glass door because she wouldn't shut her yapper... maybe it's the phase of the moon? ;-)

manymuddypaws said...

can you believe that I got corgis instead of cattle dogs because everyone knows cattle dogs bark....
not quite sure what I was thinking...at least corgis are cute!