Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Goof Strikes Again

I've got to tell you another silly Mikey story. This evening we went out for a short walk on the bayou (short because it's cold and wet and sloppy). My busy little guys are constantly sniffing, and occasionally try to roll in. . . whatever. Needless to say, I try to prevent the rolling as much as possible, because although most of the time they are rolling on a tiny little dead bug (seriously), sometimes they actually find something stinky and disgusting to roll in. So this evening, Mikey starts to roll on something, and I said 'Eee eee' or however you spell that noise we all make that means 'no'. Mikey's eyes got really big, and you could tell he was trying to stop, but Mikey's head was already on it's way down to the ground, and all the momentum was going forward, and when he tried to stop, he kind of lost his balance, and. . . tipped over, on his face, in the mud. I thought I was going to hurt something inside, I was laughing so hard!

The face of innocence.
Also, the weather. It has been nasty here this week. Low 40's for high temps with rain. And if it's not actually raining, it's misting. Just WET. But, the forecast for the weekend was looking good. As in 70's and partly cloudy. Pretty good weather for our agility trial. As of tonight, the forecast for the weekend is 60 on Saturday and 69 on Sunday, cloudy with a chance of rain. Bleh! (And yes, I know that everybody that lives north of here is saying, 'Hey! That's nice weather!')

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.

4 comments:

Traci said...

I laughed out loud at the idea of the dog tipping over!!!! Thanks for the belly laugh!!

Nicki said...

Thanks for visiting my blog-it's never dull at our house but that has kind of become normal for us. I wouldn't know what to do if there was serenity around!

Fox lady said...

Mikey is soooo handsome!!

Kate said...

Tiny dead bugs are a favorite of my bunch. I had a Pembroke who would do "drive-bys," meaning she knew she wasn't supposed to roll, so when she smelled something yummy coming up she would launch-dive-slide and be on her feet walking again before you could scold her.