Monday, June 25, 2007

Monday Again Already!?!

Didn't we just do Monday like a couple days ago!?!

Mikey and I just got back from our jog/walk; he's trying to stay in shape and I'm trying to get in shape. I also did some obedience with Holly. I just can't imagine a few fronts and a few steps of heeling here in the living room is going to aggravate her physical condition, and I know lack of stimulation will aggravate her mental condition. She has her x-rays on Wednesday, and then I'll know where we stand. . .

The weekend was kind of a complete bust; I took my methotrexate on Friday so that I wouldn't still be feeling the side effects this morning (too hard to feel that awful on a Monday). So the exchange for feeling decent on Monday is feeling crappy all weekend. Uh yeah, that's not going to work for me either.

We got to see Kiki and her person, C, this weekend. We miss getting to walk with them in the mornings! Isn't Kiki a sweet looking girl? She's no spring chicken, but she can still give Mikey and Holly a run for their money. Mikey and Holly think she is too cool.

Oh yes, I also got to practice my most important role as leader of our little pack this morning; protector. The chumps that live across the lawn from me have a white boxer that they have no control over, and never put on leash. And she's not spayed. First thing this morning at 5:15 when I took the kids out, they were coming out with her and she came charging across the lawn and went after Mikey (uh huh, she's in season). Luckily for me she was wearing a choke chain and I dropped my kids leashes and got a hand throught the choke to lift her front end off the ground until her sorry people finally came and got her. Jerks!

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.

No comments: