Saturday, July 14, 2007

Not Dead

Dead tired, maybe. Been too, too darn busy.

So, what have the kids and I been up to? Holly and I had our last Rally-O class (last before Reliant) last weekend. I think Holly and I are ready; we'll practice a couple of more times this week, but I think she's doing great. Remember Holly is only entered Friday and Saturday, so no chance for a title, but two legs would be really nice!

Mikey and I went to our old handling class the last two weeks. Mikey got a great compliment from the instructor, M (she is a herding group judge). She hadn't seen Mikey since this time last year, and the first time she examined him on the table she made the comment that he will make a nice special. Such a great thing to hear to give me a boost of confidence right before Reliant!

Unfortunately, I had to work today, so I took the day off on Thursday and gave Holly and Mikey baths. Mikey will still need a partial bath Wednesday evening, but hopefully I've given myself an easier day tomorrow, with less to do to get ready for the show. Last year I took the day before Reliant off to get ready, but I'm being more careful with my vacation time this year and don't feel like I can take three days off for the show. Because I (and the rest of the science team) worked today, I'm getting a freebie, so even after taking this Thursday, I'm only using two vacation days.

Here's Mikey and Holly after their bath and blow dry. Mikey really does have a rock solid level topline, he was just being a pickle about having his picture taken. And doesn't Holly look like a little doll? She's just got the sweetest face. Of course, I'm kinda partial. . .

If it's not still raining tomorrow (it's storming right now, including thunder and lightening and tornado watches and warnings), I'm going to vacuum out the car and partially load the car. Also planning on 'stealing' this cardinal vine from the bayou. I lost the one's I tried to grow from seed again this year. This cardinal vine is growing 'wild' from a little area that used to be a garden patch, but the people mowed the entire area down this spring. Now all kinds of wild stuff has grown up in that area, mostly weeds. Guess these vines came back from seed from last year. I just love cardinal vine's feathery leaves! Also, this is the first time I have played with the macro feature on my camera (really got to read that section in the manual).


Also, some random pics of the kids and clouds from last week.


Currently re-reading 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' by J. K. Rowling.


Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.


No comments: