Monday, January 29, 2007

Less Funky Chicken

Yesterday I talked so much about how the kids did in our lesson that I forgot to add that I am making progress too! I have a lot to learn and practice too. My body language and hand signals are every bit as important as voice commands. You can't touch the dogs in an agility competition, so communication with voice commands and body language/signals are all you've got! I'm not always the most coordinated person, so running full out, not running into jumps, not running over the dogs, trying to keep an eye on the dogs to make sure they're going where they're supposed to, while remembering the course, and calling out commands, and getting the body language and hand signals all together can be frustrating (and sometimes funny). For some reason it always reminds me of the 'Funky Chicken' song - put your left foot in, put your left foot out, put your left foot in and shake it all about! But I am getting better!

Pictures from our walk this evening on the bayou (for those of you not from Houston, also known as the Bayou City, a bayou is a fancy name for a big ditch). The nice thing about our bayou is that there are strait, uninterrupted privacy fences on our side, so it's a nice safe place to let the kids run wild off leash. Check out the wild look on Mikey's face in the last picture. I caught them in mid-wrestle on that one! And yes, that's green grass! Winter in Houston!

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi!'


No comments: