Thursday, December 6, 2007

To Weave, Or Not To Weave?

That is the question. Of course, I know the answer to that question, but Mikey apparently doesn't have the same answer. I think I'm going to try to steal one set of my dad's weave poles this weekend. Then we can do a little practice everyday in the house (if I move the dining room table, they should fit; and no, I don't think there's anything strange about that).

Other than the weaves, Mikey was right on the money. I'm so proud of how he's doing, especially considering he is the most green dog in his class. While still being fast as a little bunny, he also always remains focussed on me and very responsive to my direction. And our problems with the A-frame seem to be a thing of the past. Either Mikey has just gotten over it, or the extra exercise I've been doing with him has strengthened his back legs and made the A-frame easier; either way, he's consistently charging up it without a second thought. Good Boy!

In answer to the question posed on the previous post, you can tell that Holly is fixin' 'ta roll in something nasty by the look of absolute joy on her face and the wildly wagging tale. When you see this combination, you have mere seconds to prevent her from going face down in the dirt (and whatever else)!

Currently re-reading 'Scarlet' by Alexandria Ripley.

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely not strange! I will see if I can manage to drop them off this week on my way to work. Get that young dog whipped into shape!

manymuddypaws said...

there's nothing weird at all about weave poles in the dining room...nothing at all :o)

two week of weaving in the dining room will make a HUGE difference. When Wicca was learning I weaved twice a day with her...in my living room....