Tuesday, March 6, 2007

What Is Possible?

Beyond even the skill and training evident in these two videos, what really strikes me is the joy that they bring to their performance. Horse and dog, man and woman, you can see the joy that they are sharing. Performance at this level can be technically precise, but without the joy of partnership, it becomes just a robotic drill. And that is one of the reasons that I enjoy working with my dogs, even learning things like silly tricks. The pleasure of sharing our adventure together. True partnership with an entirely different species is a feeling that just can't be described, but if you get chills watching these two videos, you know what I'm talking about.
And in answer to the question 'What is possible?' I say 'More!' When I see performances like these, I realize that for Holly, Mikey and I, more is possible.






No comments: