Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Settling In

Well, we're getting settled in. I've had a lot of 'what have I done?' moments; moving is never fun, and there's been a few issues with the apartment we're living in (drainage problems and mud on the back porch, washing machine doesn't work, noisy neighbor dogs, etc.) and I've really missed the bayou (sidewalk walking is way too close to zooming cars, but I guess I'll get used to it) and all the unpacking has really caused my rheumatoid arthritis to flare up.

But, I've gotten everything but my books unpacked, and the moving company is coming to pick up the empty boxes today, and I've found a park that's reasonable close for more pleasant walking. I've sent an e-mail and left a voice message with a agility instructor (I think they must be out for the holidays). The back porch is cleaned up, and they're supposed to be bringing a new washing machine today (I hope; they were supposed to bring it yesterday) and we're doing a lot of 'Good quiet get's a treat!' and running to the frig for said treat (wonder how long it will take for them to automatically run to the frig when they hear the other dogs bark?). And I'm hoping that now that I'm essentially done unpacking, and when I get back to eating right and exercising, my joints will start feeling better.

Tomorrow we're off to a cabin in southern Missouri for Christmas. The Cardigrandparents, after following me here for the move, and then driving back to Houston last week, are driving all the way back here so that I don't have to drive back to Houston for Christmas. We're hoping we enjoy the cabin here as much as the cabin on the Frio River in Texas; hiking, birding, etc.

I want to thank all of you that have visited and read and commented this year, and especially the last few months. Loosing my job, and then making the decision to move here to St. Louis was (and continues to be) scary, but it is starting to get more comfortable. You have no idea what it has meant to me to have every one's support the past few months!!!

I hope everyone out in the blogosphere has a wonderful, warm and Merry Christmas and a fun, safe and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Merry Christmas. Glad to hear that you're getting settled.

Traci said...

glad to hear everything is starting to fall into place....
i hope you have a great time with the Cardigrandparents at the cabin.... :)
Merry Christmas and a happy new year!!! :)

Nicki said...

There is an agility trial in Lake St. Louis Jan 29-Feb 1. You should come by. I'll be there sat-sun.