Thursday, June 14, 2007

Yup! You Guessed It!

Rain! Apparently Mikey is still a certified rain maker; no agility tonight. Instead some table work and free baiting for Mikey and some obedience for Holly. Oh yeah, and then some ball up and down the hallway to wear Mikey out.

Mikey acted like a complete goof both on the table and on the floor. Good thing I'm getting started early getting him ready for Reliant. I think the main problem is that really all we have done for the past year is agility, where being hyped up and wild and crazy is ok. He never gets so wild and crazy that he doesn't follow my directions in agility, but standing still for a hard stack or free bait. . . not so much. I probably should have wore him out playing ball first. Maybe next time.

Holly did great this evening. Slightly less barking, but still with great attitude. That's progress! She can be just sooooo sharp in obedience work; I really need to work with her more consistently, because she could be really, really good in obedience. On the other hand, she gets bored easy, so less is more for sure when it comes to Holly. Mikey I could drill over and over on something as long as he gets to fetch pink ball in between; Holly pretty quickly gets an attitude if we do the same thing over and over. Oh, who am I kidding, she's got an attitude all the time, the key is to have that diva attitude working with me instead of against me!

TGI almost F!!

Holly and Mikey say 'Hi'.


Awwww! They were such cute, dorky little babies once!



No comments: